1. You will gain the advantage of years of experience because we are a group of independent licensed bondable fiduciaries who exchange ideas and have over 70 years of combined experience. In addition we employ Fee-Only Financial Advisors and their sole function is to manage other people’s money in a fiduciary capacity. Plus we are familiar with all of the various trusts, tax and estate planning strategies and thoroughly understand the legal responsibilities of a trustee.
We pay bills, file tax returns, maintain accurate records, manage all types of assets (farm land, closely held businesses, mineral properties, international investments, collectables, etc) and distribute income and assets.
2. Through the use of a Fee-Only Financial Advisor we will match both the philosophical and the optimum asset allocation to allow the trust the potential of a greater investment return than a non-professional.
We know the importance of understanding cash flow needs, financial goals, risk tolerances, taxes and asset allocation. You are able to constantly monitor your portfolio, meet your financial advisor to discuss strategy at any time or you can let them implement the best investment strategy for you.
3. We are regulated by the state of California through licensing by the California Fiduciary Bureau and we are all bondable. We are held by the probate court to a higher standard than non-professionals.
4. You will receive ongoing professional service. PFS is the largest group of independent fiduciaries in Orange County and if one of us gets sick, goes on vacation, dies or becomes unable to serve we have our partners willing to step in.
5. The only instructions we follow are those written in the trust document. We do not have to have a corporate committee meeting to make a decision and we are absent the emotions family members may have towards other family members.
6. We know the experts in the community because we work with attorneys, certified public accountants, real estate agents, appraisers, contractors and financial advisors on a regular basis.
7. Peace of mind knowing you have a human being you interviewed working for you. This is the person who is going to care for you if you cannot care for yourself. Most corporate trustees have sales people who talk to you about their trust services but they are not the people who provide the services.
The person whom you hire from PFS is the person who will be caring for you and your money. We are your paid family member and not a corporate employee.